Stafidati Halkidiki Olives are practically wrinkled Halkidiki olives and are of course a local product in the prefecture of the same name – Halkidiki.
They have an oval shape and a yellow-green color, a slightly acidic less salty taste and a fruity aroma.
During the harvest, we pick one by one, by hand from the beginning of November onwards, when the olive fruit is already ripe. It is blackened on the tree, harvested and then fermented with coarse salt until they lose most of their juices.
They are brown to black in color, sweet, full flavored with plenty of flesh, and a less wrinkled texture than Super Dry ones. Due to their staying in salt for less time than the Super Dry, they make the olives juicier, with more moisture.
It accompanies the Greek salad. It is an ideal healthy food appetizer. Also, you can create wonderful combinations with oregano, hot pepper flakes, coriander, rosemary and other Mediterranean herbs.
How to Use & Serving Suggestion
- First, remove the desired amount of olives from the package, in a deep plate or bowl.
- Next, rinse with lukewarm water for a few seconds under the tap, and then fill the container with water so that the water level covers all of your olives.
- We leave them for one to two hours, so that the saltiness goes away.
- Then, we remove the water, and leave them for a few minutes for the moisture to leave.
- Finally, we add some Extra Virgin Olive Oil, mix them so that they go everywhere – and if we want – any other spice of our liking such as oregano, bukovo or some other ingredient such as lemon, vinegar, yogurt, or even soy sauce. Have fun!
Nutritional Value per 100g
Energy: 1380 kJ /335 kcal
of which Saturated: 3.9g
of which Sugars: 0.8g
Dietary Fiber: 4.7g