Amfissa Olives – Description
Amfissa Olives are known by various names such as Voliotikes, Hondrolies or otherwise Konservolies.
They are cultivated throughout Greece, but especially in the region of Thessaly and Central Greece.
The flesh to core ratio is 10 to 1.
When fully ripe, the color goes from reddish green to dark black.
It ripens slowly on the tree and the harvest lasts from November to January.
It has an oval shape and white and crispy flesh.
It accompanies the Greek salad and is an ideal appetizer for a healthy diet. Also, you can create wonderful combinations with oregano, hot pepper flakes, coriander, rosemary and other Mediterranean herbs.
How to Use & Serving Suggestion
- First, remove the desired amount of olives from the package, in a deep plate or bowl.
- Next, rinse with lukewarm water for a few seconds under the tap, and then fill the container with water so that the water level covers all of your olives.
- We leave them for one to two hours, so that the saltiness goes away.
- Then, remove the water, and let them dry for a few minutes.
- Finally, we add some Extra Virgin Olive Oil, mix them so that they go everywhere – and if we want – any other spice of our liking such as oregano, bukovo or some other ingredient such as lemon, vinegar, yogurt, or even soy sauce. Have fun!
Nutritional Value per 100g
Energy: 576 kJ /136 kcal
of which Saturated: 1.4g
of which Sugars: < 0.01g
Dietary Fiber: 4.4g