Green Halkidiki Olives are world famous and naturally produced in abundance in the region of Halkidiki. With them we create wonderful combinations with Oregano, Sweet or Hot Peppers, as well as with a variety of ingredients that contribute to a spicy mix, known as Ouzomeze.
They have an oval shape and a yellow-green color, a slightly acidic taste and a fruity aroma.
During the harvest, we pick one by one in September and October. If we harvest later, from November onwards, the olive turns black. From the blackened olive with the fermentation process with coarse salt, we create the raisin-type olives. Depending on the fermentation time, we have Stafidati Halkidiki or Super Dry Olives.
The olive has 74% water, 1% protein, as well as vitamins and minerals. It also contains monounsaturated acids which, proven by studies, reduce cardiovascular diseases, inflammation and blood pressure.
It accompanies the Greek salad and is an ideal appetizer for a healthy diet. Also, you can create wonderful combinations with oregano, hot pepper flakes, coriander, rosemary and other Mediterranean herbs.
How to Use & Serving Suggestion
- First, remove the desired amount of olives from the package, in a deep plate or bowl.
- Next, rinse with lukewarm water for a few seconds under the tap, and then fill the container with water so that the water level covers all of your olives.
- We leave them for one to two hours, so that the saltiness goes away.
- Then, remove the water, and let them dry for a few minutes.
- Finally, we add some Extra Virgin Olive Oil, mix them so that they go everywhere – and if we want – any other spice of our liking such as oregano, bukovo or some other ingredient such as lemon, vinegar, yogurt, or even soy sauce. Have fun!
Nutritional Value per 100g
Energy: 607kJ / 172 kcal
of which Saturates: 2.9g
of which Sugars: 0.5g
Dietary fiber: 3g