Green Stoneless Halkidiki Olives with Orange
Green Halkidiki Olives are world famous and naturally produced in abundance in the region of Halkidiki. Enucleation is a process where we remove the core or pit from the olive. In this way, the Stoneless Green Olives are obtained, i.e. the Green ones without a core. With them we create wonderful combinations with Orange, Piri Piri, Almond, Gherkin and with Garlic and/or Florina Pepper.
They have an oval shape and a yellow-green color, a slightly acidic taste and a fruity aroma.
During the harvest, we pick one by one in September and October.
The olive has 74% water, 1% protein, as well as vitamins and minerals. It also contains monounsaturated acids which, proven by studies, reduce cardiovascular diseases, inflammation and blood pressure.
The pepper in the package is the well-known, sweet Florini Pepper.
It accompanies the Greek salad and is an ideal appetizer for a healthy diet. Also, you can create wonderful combinations with oregano, hot pepper flakes, coriander, rosemary and other Mediterranean herbs.
How to Use & Serving Suggestion
- First, remove the desired amount of olives from the package, in a deep plate or bowl.
- Next, rinse with lukewarm water for a few seconds under the tap, and then fill the container with water so that the water level covers all of your olives.
- We leave them for one to two hours, so that the saltiness goes away.
- Then, remove the water, and let them dry for a few minutes.
- Finally, we add some Extra Virgin Olive Oil, mix them so that they go everywhere – and if we want – any other spice of our liking such as oregano, bukovo or some other ingredient such as lemon, vinegar, yogurt, or even soy sauce. Have fun!
Nutritional Value per 100g
Energy: 607kJ / 172 kcal
of which Saturates: 2.9g
of which Sugars: 0.5g
Dietary fiber: 3g